Aptitude Test for Foreign Students
About Aptitude Test for Foreign Students
This post will cover everything you need to know about Aptitude Test for Foreign Students. The Aptitude Test for Foreign Students in Germany accurately assesses a person’s general and subject-specific abilities. This evaluation, known as TestAS (short for Test für Ausländische Studierende (Test for international students), allows colleges to test their students’ cognitive abilities prior to admission. It is a standardized scholastic test that assesses the intellectual talents required for university admission.
This test is intended for international students from non-EU countries who desire to study at a German institution as an undergraduate. The number of international students studying in Germany is growing every year, owing to the exceptional study and living facilities that this European country provides.
Germany is a highly sought-after study destination due to its superb universities, highly skilled academic staff, affordable living costs, and wonderful culture. The TestAS test is one of the procedures international students must go through in order to enroll in a German university, among other prerequisites. All you need to know about the aptitude test for international students in Germany can be found below.
What is contained within the Aptitude Test for Foreign Students?
The test is divided into three parts and is sponsored by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
- The “onScreen” Language Test: It is a 30-minute online assessment of general language skills in German or English. You must have level B1 language abilities in order to pass the language portion of TestAS. The B1 level, on the other hand, falls short of what is required to study in Germany.
- The Basic Examination: This test evaluates your abilities in the general subjects that all universities demand.
- The Test Modules for Each Subject: This section of TestAS consists of a variety of subject-specific modules from which you must select and which assess your knowledge in certain subject areas. Engineering Economics Humanities, Cultural Studies, and Environmental Studies are just a few of the modules available.
- Humanities, Cultural Studies, and Social Studies
- Mathematics, Computer Science, and Natural Sciences
What is the validity of the TestAS certificate?
The TestAS certificate has an indefinite validity, which means it will never expire. You may, however, take the test as many times as you like. However, keep in mind that the test does not assess skills that may be gained over time, but rather cognitive abilities. As a result, the outcomes are unlikely to change.
Is a TestAS certificate required to study in Germany?
Students from non-EU countries who wish to enroll in a bachelor’s degree program in Germany must complete this test. The certificate, on the other hand, is recognized by German institutions, which demand it as part of their admissions requirements. This means, that the certificate is not required by all universities; some universities just accept TestAS as an alternative, while others do not require it at all. However, you should check with the university you intend to apply to for more information and to see if a TestAS certificate is required in your application.
What are the advantages of using TestAS?
This aptitude exam has numerous advantages. To begin, you will be assessed on your cognitive abilities, which means you will not be required to participate in any short-term training. Second, the test results will assist you in making well-informed decisions about university programs. The following are some of the advantages of taking the TestAS exam:
- Candidates who best meet the subject criteria are chosen by universities.
- Students that take the test will get knowledge of the prerequisites for the disciplines they wish to pursue.
- The test assesses the students’ prospects of completing their selected degree program successfully.
- Because your intellectual abilities and achievements are reflected in your TestAS exam results, you can utilize the certificate for a variety of purposes, such as applying to different employers or universities.
What is the procedure for registering for a TestAS exam?
To begin, you must first register on the TestAS website. After that, you’ll receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to book a test date and choose a test center using your username and password. The deadline to book and register for the TestAS exam is five weeks before the exam. The rates are disclosed during the registration procedure, however, they are typically € 80. Furthermore, the test is given three times a year. You must first determine whether you want to take the test in English or German, book the Core Test, and select the modules (just one) on the Subject Specific section of the test before taking it.
What should I know about the test before I take it?
A legitimate ID, such as a passport, identity card, or driver’s license, should be brought with you. It should, however, be the same ID you used to register for the test. In addition, you must bring a black or blue ballpoint pen and produce the test center’s admittance email. Resources such as notepaper and calculators should not be brought. At the testing center, you will be provided with everything you require.
What is the duration of the test?
- The test’s “onScreen” portion lasts 30 minutes.
- The Core Test takes 110 minutes to complete.
- The Subject-Specific test takes approximately 145-150 minutes to complete.
Is the test conducted online or on paper?
The first part of TestAS is completed “online”, or “onScreen,” while the latter two parts are completed on paper. Each module will have multiple-choice formats, and you should use a ballpoint pen to indicate the correct answer on a machine-readable answer sheet.
What is the best way to prepare for the TestAS exam?
Students cannot prepare for the TestAS by short-term training or materials because it is designed to measure cognitive ability rather than information. What students need to do, however, is acquaint themselves with the test format so that they are aware of the test’s structure, as well as review the numerous test samples provided by TestAS.
The TestAS is an intellectual skills evaluation, not a test of how much you know. There is no specific knowledge that is tested. Learning the TestAS format is the best method to prepare for the test.
The following data was acquired entirely from the internet. If you have any further questions, please contact us at howtoabroad.com.