Discover Indian Grocery Alternatives in Germany: Where to Shop
In a diverse country like Germany, where people from all corners of the world reside, finding ingredients for international cuisine can sometimes be a challenge. However, the Indian community in Germany can make the task easier by knowing where to look, as many Indian grocery stores offer a range of products that cater to their tastes and needs.
Top Indian Grocery Stores in Germany
- India Bazaar: If you’re on the hunt for a wide variety of Indian products at competitive prices, India Bazaar is the place to go. With multiple locations across Germany, this chain of stores is a one-stop shop for all your Indian grocery needs. From spices to snacks and everything in between, they have it all.
- Patel Brothers: Patel Brothers is one of the largest Indian grocery chains in the world, and they have a strong presence in Germany. Their stores are stocked with an impressive selection of products, including fresh produce, aromatic spices, and delectable snacks. Whether you’re looking for something common or unique, you’ll likely find it at Patel Brothers.
- India Spiceland: Located in Frankfurt, India Spiceland is renowned for its extensive range of spices and other Indian food products. This store is a paradise for those who like to experiment with Indian flavors in their cooking. You’ll find an array of spices that will elevate your culinary creations.
- India Shop: Situated in Berlin, India Shop is another gem for those seeking Indian products. Fresh produce, spices, and snacks are all part of their inventory. This store ensures that people in the capital city have access to a wide variety of Indian culinary essentials.
Shopping at German Supermarkets
While the Indian grocery stores mentioned above offer a great selection of products, sometimes it’s convenient to grab essential Indian ingredients at your local German supermarket. Additionally, here are some Indian grocery alternatives you can find at German supermarkets:
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Corn Starch
- Channa (You can also find cooked ones)
- Aata/Wheat Flour
Among the top German supermarkets, Aldi Nord, Aldi Süd, Lidl, Penny, and Netto are known for offering low prices on all their items. Furthermore, these discount grocery stores engage in fierce competition, constantly striving to match each other’s prices. Therefore, Indian Grocery Alternatives in Germany worth checking them out if you’re looking for budget-friendly options.
Read More About How To Abroad
Want to study in Germany? How To Abroad can help you achieve your academic dreams.