Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences
About Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences
Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences or Hochschule Darmstadt, often known as h_da based in Darmstadt, Germany. It was established in 1971. It is a member of the Rhine-Main-Neckar IT cluster, also known as Germany’s “Silicon Valley,” as well as ATHENE, Europe’s largest IT security research institute. It offers courses in Architecture, Chemical Technology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Design, Media, and Economics. There are currently 17,000 students enrolled out of which 18% are international students.
The university has a ranking of 1135 of 14,160 in the World, 411 of 2,789 in Europe, 62 of 370 in Germany, 6 of 22 in Hesse, and 230 of 1,501 for Condensed Matter Physics.
Internship near Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences
University provides an internship abroad program to students which helps them to gain work experience in their selected field. They also learn how to show themselves in a professional setting. Students demonstrate that they are open to new and unknown experiences and that they are willing to take on remarkable challenges by doing an internship abroad. Companies like LSG Lufthansa Service Holding AG, MasterCard, and Emma The Sleep provide internships to the students.
Jobs near Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences
The university portal has information about part-time jobs for students. They can also work in universities as academic assistants. Off-campus part-time jobs such as cashier, bartender, private tutor, babysitter, courier, and others are available. Firms such as Fahrrad XXL Franz, DHL and Hox Life Science GmbH offers part time jobs.
Housing and Accommodation
This university does not provide housing and accommodation on campus. Students can apply to Studierendenwerk Darmstadt for accommodation. A wide range of furnished and unfurnished housing options at different price ranges are available. The monthly rent of Flatshares is EUR 345.
University does not charge any tuition fees but students have to pay a semester contribution of EUR 272 per semester. The average cost of living in Darmstadt lies between 550-900 per month.
Popular Courses for International Students
Courses offered to international students are as follow –
- Civil Engineering (Bachelor’s degree)
- Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (Bachelor’s degree)
- Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology
- Applied Mathematics (Bachelor’s degree)
- Computer Science (Master’s degree)
- Business Psychology (Master’s degree)
- Social Work Plus – Migration and Globalisation
Places to visit near the University
Darmstadt is officially known as the “City of Science” is a city in the German state of Hesse, situated in the Rhine-Main-southern Area’s reaches (Frankfurt Metropolitan Region). Few tourist places to visit near the university are as follows-
- The Hessisches Landesmuseum Darmstadt- Darmstadt’s Hessisches Landesmuseum The Hessian State Museum is one of Germany’s major museums, housing a varied art collection, culture, and natural history exhibits.
- Park Rosenhöhe- Rose gardens and pavilions, as well as mausoleums and old structures, make this a peaceful 19th-century park.
- Zoo Vivarium- A zoo includes a hands-on part and a reptile house with exotics like snakes and lizards.
Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences is one of Germany’s largest and most prestigious institutions of applied sciences. Its stellar reputation stems from a scientifically sound, real-world approach to higher education, as well as the professional success of its graduates. Additionally, all of these advantages attract international students, resulting in the university’s international province.