Hochschule Fresenius was established in 1848.It is a private university located in Hesse. They are constantly developing their study programs to train the next generation of specialists and managers. Their English-taught Master’s programs see a high share of international students of at least 50%. They have five faculties with experience of 170+ years. Currently, they have 17000 students and around 670 students are from 86 different countries. This university has other campuses in: 1) Idstein, 2)Berlin, 3)Cologne, 4)Munich, 5)Hamburg, 6)Wiesbaden, 7)Düsseldor.
Rank of Hochschule Fresenius
This University has a ranking of 3166 of 14,160 in the World,918 of 2,789 in Europe, 124 of 370 in Germany, and 11 of 22 in Hesse.
Internships near Hochschule Fresenius
Students can choose a semester study program followed by an internship. This option is only for Bachelor’s students. Apart from that, they can choose Independent Internship. Bachelor’s and Master’s students both can do this type of internship. Students have to check the internship page of the university’s website for active internship offers. Companies like, Infineon Technologies, Merck KGaA Darmstadt Germany, Limbic Entertainment GmbH, Procter & Gamble, etc offer internships to students.
Jobs near the University
Students find it necessary to do some side jobs while they are studying in Germany. They can join as HiWi in universities or they can do some off-campus jobs, for example, private tutor, bartender, cashier, etc. Students can check newspapers or some online job portals for further information. Some companies like The Exchange, Merck KGaA Darmstadt Germany, Boston Consulting Group, DLD, etc provide part-time jobs.
Housing and Accommodation
Students can get support from the university to find accommodation. There are many links and information available on the accommodation page of the university’s website. Students can expect to spend around 350 Euros-400 Euros per month for private accommodation.
This university charges a tuition fee of 4,650 Euros per semester. The tuition fee may vary for non-EU nationals. Semester contribution is included in the tuition fee. So, the overall cost of living will be around 800 Euros per month after tuition fees.
Popular Courses for International Students
Some popular courses for international students are as follows:
- International Business Management(B.A)
- Fashion and Design Management (B.A)
- Digital Management (M.A)
- Bioanalytical Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Analysis (M.SC)
- International Health Economics & Pharmacoeconomics (M.SC.)
- Sustainability in Fashion and Creative Industries (M.A.)
Places to visit near the University
Hesse is a central German state which is best known for forests. Some beautiful sights where students can visit are as follows:
- Städel Museum- It is an art museum that owns 3,100 paintings, 660 sculptures, more than 4,600 photographs, and more than 100,000 drawings and prints.
- Palmengarten-It is a famous botanical garden and covers a surface of 22 hectares.
- Museum für Moderne Kunst- It is a museum which was founded in the year 1981. Because of its triangular shape, it is also called a ”piece of cake”.
- Römerberg- It is a public space and located in front of the Römer building complex. It is the historic heart of the medieval Altstadt and now it is a famous tourist destination.
As one of Germany’s largest private Universities of Applied Sciences, they are aiming to maintain their tradition and at the same, their state-recognized education and innovative study concepts with a practical orientation attract students from all over the world.