HSBA Hamburg School of Business Administration
About the University
HSBA Hamburg School of Business Administration is the university for business in Hamburg and was founded in 2004 by the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce. The university has a scientifically and internationally oriented course structure and is focused on practical approaches and enhanced career opportunities. Moreover, 10% of international students enroll at the university every year.
According to current analysis, the university holds up great rankings at 6003 of 14,160 in the world, 1586 of 2,789 in Europe, 231 of 370 in Germany, 10 of 18 in Hamburg State, and 10 of 18 in Hamburg City.
Courses offered by the HSBA Hamburg School of Business Administration
- Business Administration
- Business Informatics
- Media Management & Communication
- International Management
- Logistics Management
- Insurance Management
- Business Development
- Digital Transformation & Sustainability
Jobs & Internship – HSBA Hamburg School of Business Administration
It will be an excellent way to improve your university experience by working at a university. Such as Studierendenwerk Hamburg, at an institute, library, or other facilities. According to the Residence Act jobs for student assistants or research assistants are not subject to any time restrictions. However on-campus jobs at universities students are only allowed to work for a maximum of 20 hours per week. There are many possibilities for students to get jobs in Hamburg. For example announcements on bulletin boards in universities, libraries, supermarkets, shops, restaurants, and cafes, job advertisements in local newspapers. Companies like Shell, ESP, TikTok, Google, Deutsche Bahn, etc. provide job vacancies through online portals.
Housing and Accommodation
The HSBA does not possess its own residence or accommodation facility. On the other hand, the college provides full assistance and support for international students. International students can choose a room in a student residence hall or a room in a shared hall or even can get their own rented apartment. The cost of a furnished room varies from €350-€650/month. In the university’s online brochure a complete step-by-step description and other necessary answers have been given for international students for finding accommodation in Hamburg and nearby areas.
Total costs, including housing, semester allowance, study materials costs, medical insurance, personal expenses, may amount to an average of €800/month. Furthermore, students have to pay tuition fees around €750-€950/month. Moreover, the cost of living depends on individual students.
Places to Visit Near HSBA Hamburg School of Business Administration
Hamburg is one of the major port cities in northern Germany. It is connected to the North Sea by the Elbe River. It’s a city with a long history that is older than Berlin including world-class art collections, enjoyable museums, fantastic architecture, and vibrant nightlife. Hamburg is best known for its famous harbor area.
- Hamburger Kunsthalle: It’s a museum that covers seven centuries’ worth of world art. The largest museum in the country consists of three connected buildings, dating from 1869, 1921, and 1997. It houses collections of European History, the Middle Ages, and the present day.
- Elbphilharmonie Hamburg: It’s the modern concert hall atop an older warehouse. It’s popularly nicknamed Elphi and is one of the largest in the world. It was built with the efforts of the architect and real estate developer Alexander Gérard and his wife Jana Marko and was inaugurated with concerts of the NDR Elbphilharmonie Orchestra and a light show on 11 January 2017.
- Townhall: It’s a grand civic building with guided tours and the seat of one of Germany’s 16 state parliaments. Located in the Altstadt quarter in the city center, the Rathaus was constructed from 1886 to 1897. Students can visit this place while the tours are commenced.
All in all, HSBA Hamburg School of Business Administration is a state-recognized third-level institution. Moreover, its cooperation with more than 250 companies and commemorative university experience is a major attraction for students.