HWTK – University of Applied Sciences
About the University
The HWTK – University of Applied Sciences is a private university located in Berlin with a second study location in Baden-Baden. It was established in 2011. The university has enrolled over 600 students in 19 courses available in two locations.
Overall ranking- HWTK – University of Applied Sciences
According to the current analysis, the university has the rank of 8124 of 14,160 universities in the World and 340 of 370 in Germany.
Courses offered- HWTK – University of Applied Sciences
University provides the following bachelor’s courses:-
- Business Administration
- International management
- Computer science and management
- Sales management
- Hotel and tourism management
- Marketing communication and digital media
- The event, Trade fair, and Congress management
- Sports management
- Human resource management
- Gastronomy management
- Health Management
- Financial services
- Taxation and Auditing
- Logistics and supply chain management
- Property management
- Quality and sustainability management
Jobs and internships- HWTK – University of Applied Sciences
Students can finance their lifestyle by doing any part-time job or internship. They can work as a HiWi in the university or can opt for other jobs in the outside market. International students are allowed to work 120 full days or 240 half days according to their preferences. Vacancies can be easily searched on online portals in organizations such as Knauf Insulation GmbH, Rainbow Municipal Network GmbH, United Wage Tax Aid eV, and many more.
House and accommodation
Students can apply at students’ residences for accommodation. They can also find them a private accommodation which generally consists of single or shared flats or rooms. An average amount of rent ranges around 280-300 EUR/month. However, the rent also varies according to the distinct places.
The cost of living depends on the lifestyle of students. An average amount is around 750-850 EUR/month including rent, health insurance, and other basic utilities. Payment of semester contribution is necessary which Is approx. 290 EUR/semester (including a semester ticket for local transport).
Places to visit
Some popular places to visit in Berlin are:-
- Brandenburg Gate- It is a grand classical archway and city divide.
- Museum Island- It is a small river island with 5 museums.
- Pergamonmuseum- It is an antiquities and ancient architecture collection.
- Berlin Cathedral- It is an elaborated 19th-century cathedral.
- Berliner Fernsehturm- It is a 1960s architecture and city veiw point.
HWTK – University of Applied Sciences has flexible and excellent study modules and programs. It applies a strong practical and international orientation. It offers a wide range of preparatory German classes on its campus and also assists students in distance-learning education.