ifs international film school cologne
About ifs international film school cologne
ifs international film school cologne was established in the year 2000. This film school was founded with the initiative of the NRW state government and the Film- und Medienstiftung NRW. Located in Cologne, it is consistently ranked as one of the best film schools in Germany. They offer study programs in the field of Screenwriting, Directing, Creative Producing, Director of Photography, Editing Picture & Sound, VFX & Animation, and Production Design. Individual and intensive supervision is the main focus of this film school.
The rank of ifs international film school cologne
The rank is not available on Edurank.
Internships near the University
Internships are the best way to gain practical experience. Students can go through the website where they can find some links for internship offers. Apart from that SHR Germany GmbH, Orendt Studios, DocCheck AG, SEVEN displays GmbH, etc are some companies that offer internships.
Jobs near the University
Students can do part-time jobs while they are studying in Germany. They can work in the field of photography, animation, and 3D animation, etc. Companies like Ubisoft, Nuromedia GmbH, GTB, Appmatics GmbH, etc hire students near the university.
Housing and Accommodation
This film school does not provide any accommodation for students. But they can give students some tips and information about accommodations. Generally, the Kölner Studentenwerk (KStW) is responsible for allocating places in the student residence halls. Students can expect to spend 200 Euros-300 Euros per month for rooms in student residence halls. If students want to stay in shared or in single apartments, then the monthly rent will be around 300 Euros-400 Euros on the open housing markets.
This film school charges a tuition fee of 3,750 Euros per semester. Students have to pay a one-time registration fee of 400 Euro. They also charge a semester contribution of 285.40 Euro per semester. It includes a semester ticket that allows students to use public transports in Köln. So the average cost of living will be around 850 Euros per month excluding tuition fees.
Popular courses for International Students
- MA 3D Animation for Film & Games (English)
- MA Digital Narratives (English)
- MA Serial Storytelling (English)
- MA Entertainment Producing (German)
- BA Creative Producing (German)
- BA Director of Photography (German)
- BA VFX & Animation (German)
Places to visit near the University
Cologne is a 2000 years old and fourth-largest city located in the state of North-Rhine–Westphalia, Germany. This city is also best known as the historic, cultural, and economic capital of Rhineland. Some popular places of this city are as follows:
- Cologne Cathedral- It is a Catholic cathedral located in Cologne. It is also known as a monument of German Catholicism and Gothic architecture. It was declared as a World Heritage Site in 1996.
- Museum Ludwig- It is a museum located in Cologne and has one of the largest Picasso collections in Europe.
- Phantasialan- It is a theme park located in Brühl, North Rhine-Westphalia.
- Wallraf–Richartz Museum- It is one of the three major museums in Cologne and it has an art gallery with a collection of fine art from the medieval period.
In a nutshell, their collaboration with national and international teachers from both the industry and academia guarantees students a first-class innovative education that reflects current developments and their aesthetic and cultural potential.