International School of Management(ISM)
About the University
International School of Management(ISM) is a traditional business school established in the year 1990 in Dortmund, Germany. The university’s main focus is innovation and new ways of teaching and above all to build the highest valuable professional network. Its a specialized, accredited with 13% of international students enrolling every year.
According to a recent analysis, the university has rankings at 5539 of 14,160 in the world, 1481 of 2,789 in Europe, 214 of 370 in Germany, 39 of 65 in North-Rhine Westphalia, and 3 of 3 in Dortmund.
Courses offered by the International School of Management(ISM)
- International Management
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Business Intelligence & Data Science
- International Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Luxury, Fashion & Sales Management
- International Business
Jobs & Internships – International School of Management(ISM)
The search for an internship is great practice for the job search after studies. However, students at ISM are not completely on their own: The International Office has tips and contacts to help students to find the right host. Students can also do heavy jobs or can take workstream contracts also the job portal of ISM provides job offers for students, the so-called Stellenwerk job market. Stellenwerk does not only list internship vacancies, but also job advertisements for graduates. Moreover, student jobs, or private part-time jobs like student assistant jobs, student trainee offers, offers for final theses, internships, and many more options are available. Apart from that, companies like MacDonald’s, Burger King, Decathlon, Life Random, DHL, etc are where students can easily get jobs.
Housing and Accommodation
The student dormitories are available on-campus as well as off-campus. Students can stay in different kinds of dorms and the interior equipment and furniture may consequently vary from dorm to dorm. Moreover, most of the rooms are single rooms, and also the average rent of the room costs approximately €300-€380/month.
Students don’t need to pay any tuition fees but a semester fee of €175/semester is mandatory. However, all other costs need to be met. Additional living costs add up to about €250/month which is not that high considering the population and metropolitan background of Dortmund. Students should also maintain a budget of approximately €853/month for sustainable living in the city.
Places To Visit Near the International School of Management(ISM)
Dortmund is popular for its nightlife which is the reason it gets a lot of attention from youngsters. The population of about 581,612 makes Dortmund Germany’s 8th largest city. Moreover, a party lover would enjoy roaming around happening places and exploring sites. Following are a few:
- Dortmund Zoo: The zoological garden of Dortmund is specialized in the keeping and breeding of South American species and is leading in the breeding of the giant anteater, the tamandua, and the giant otter. Situated south of the city its site students make a point to visit.
- German Football Museum: Opened recently in 2015, the museum displays the soccer history of Germany, and football fanatics would find this place a treasure trove.
- Westfalenpark: It’s a large public park in Dortmund and a popular destination for excursions and recreation in North Rhine-Westphalia. Students should visit this place during their downtime to get away from the hectic life a little.
In a nutshell, the International School of Management (ISM) is a well-renowned educational institution with a global perspective and has and culturally diverse students, and by offering programs in major commercial hubs around the world it’s a major draw for students.