Jacobs University Bremen
About the University
Jacobs University Bremen is an international, private, residential research university established in Vegesack, Bremen, Germany. Most of the courses at the university are in English. Jacobs University has enrolled students from more than 120 countries, with about 80% foreign students and approximately 33% international faculty members.
Overall Ranking- Jacobs University Bremen
According to current analysis, the University has the rank of 1380 of 14,160 in the World, 485 of 2,789 in Europe, 73 of 370 in Germany, 2 of 6 in Bremen State, 2 of 5 in Bremen City and holds a position of 230 of 1,021 for Database administration and in top 50% for other 28 topics.
Courses Offered- Jacobs University Bremen
Bachelors courses offered by the University are:-
- Industrial Engineering & Management (BSc)
- Mathematics (BSc)
- Computer Science (BSc)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (BSc)
- Robotics and Intelligent Systems (BSc)
- Intelligent Mobile Systems (BSc)
- Biochemistry and Cell Biology (BSc)
- Chemistry and Biotechnology (BSc)
- Chemistry (BSc)
- Medicinal Chemistry and Chemical Biology (BSc)
- Earth and Environmental Sciences (BSc)
- Physics (BSc)
- Global Economics and Management (BA)
- International Business Administration (BA)
- Society, Media, and Politics (BA)
- International Relations: Politics and History (BA)
- Integrated Social and Cognitive Psychology (BSc)
- Psychology (BA)
Jobs and Internship
Students can finance their studies by doing jobs or joining internships. The university also provides some internship programs. They can also opt to work at nearby stores, shops, or call centers. Openings can be easily searched through online portals in many organizations, a few of them are Enno Roggemann GmbH & Co. KG, AIT Worldwide Logistics Germany GmbH, Lieferando.de, and many more are there.
House and accommodation
The University provides on-campus accommodation but students can also find accommodation in the city. Private accommodation can be available in form of single or shared rooms or apartments. Students can choose according to their preferences. The rent usually ranges from 300-500 EUR/month.
The cost of living merely depends on the lifestyle of the student. Bremen can be considered as an affordable city. Students should have around 850 EUR/month in their pocket if they want to survive in the city. Along with that, they have to pay tuition fees and semester fees.
Places to visit near Jacobs University Bremen
Some famous places to visit in Bremen are:-
- Galería de Arte de Bremen- It is an art museum in Bremen, Germany, located close to the Bremen Old Town on the “Culture Mile” which was built in 1849.
- Weserburg Museum of Modern Art- It is a Museum of Modern Art that was founded in 1991.
- Universum Bremen- It is a science museum in Bremen, Germany which was opened in September 2000. It receives on average 450,000 visitors annually.
- Overseas Museum- It is a Natural History Museum in northern Germany that is protected by the monument protection act.
- Böttcherstraße- It is an iconic street in the historic center of Bremen, Germany that is about 100 m long, it is famous for its unique architecture and holds a rank among the city’s central cultural monuments and tourist attractions.
Jacobs University is the place to achieve the qualification to work on tasks responsibly in a digitalized and globalized society. It is a private, English-speaking campus university in Germany with the highest norms in research and teaching following an interdisciplinary concept.