Offenburg University of Applied Sciences
About the University
The Offenburg University is a public university established in 1967 in Offenburg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. It is one of the most important educational institutes in the southern Upper Rhine. It was one of the first organizations of higher education in Germany to introduce international Master’s degree programs through Graduate School in 1998.
According to current analysis, the university is ranked on 4463 of 14,160 in the World, 1197 of 2,789 in Europe, 174 of 370 in Germany, 28 of 62 in Baden-Württemberg. Besides, it holds the position of 3487 of 4,716 for Engineering and 3558 of 3,671 for Material Science.
Courses offered by the Offenburg University
University provides various courses in the following faculties:-
- Business Management and Industrial Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and Information Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering and Process Engineering
- Media and Information Technology
Jobs and Internships- Offenburg University
Students can apply for a job or an internship to earn some money along with their studies. They can work in the university as a HiWi or can opt to work in the outside market. Jobs are easily available at nearby stores, markets, shopping centers, and call centers. Openings can be easily tracked through online portals in companies like Westiform Germany GmbH, DEKRA Automobil GmbH, LMH Engineering, and many more.
House and accommodation
For accommodation, students can either apply at students’ residences or find private accommodation on their own. Private accommodation consist of single and shared rooms or apartments that are easily available nearby the university. An average amount for rent ranges from 340-400 EUR/month. However, it also depends on the place student choose to live.
The cost of living entirely depends on the lifestyle of students and the place they choose to live. Mandatory payment of semester fee is necessary which is 134 EUR/semester (for students paying a tuition fee) and 284 EUR/semester (for students exempt from tuition fee). Students need an average amount of approx. 870 EUR per month to cover personal expenses including accommodation.
Places to visit near Offenburg University
- Museum Ritterhaus- It is a museum in Offenburg which was opened by Carl Frowin Mayer in 1900 as the “Museum for Natural History and Ethnology”.
- Hohes Horn- It is a 5.8-kilometer loop trail located near Offenburg that features beautiful wildflowers and is rated as moderate. The track is mainly used for hiking.
- Brandeckkopf- It is the highest mountain of Offenburg, located in the districet Zell-Weierbach.
In a nutshell, the university maintains excellence in all its services and holds a good rank. The collaboration with industry partners benefits all sides. Its expertise in different technological fields provides major draws for prospective students.