Osnabrück University of Applied Science
About the University
The Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences is a university of applied science located in Lower Saxony, whose official center is in Osnabrück. It has been in its prevailing form since 2003, having originally been inaugurated in 1971. Some of its departments can be followed back to engineering schools and other colleges operating as early as the 1950s. The University currently has about 14,000 students enrolled in it.
According to the present analysis, the University rank is 2279 of 14,160 in the World, 711 of 2,789 in Europe, 92 of 370 in Germany, 12 of 26 Lower Saxony, and 2 of 2 in Osnabruck.
Courses provided by the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences
List of courses provided by the university:-
- Agricultural Sciences and Landscape Architecture
- Business Management and Social Sciences
- Engineering and Computer Science
- Management, Culture, and Technology
- Business Administration and Management
Jobs and Internships near the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences
Students can work or join any internship along with their studies for some financial support. University also offers various internship programs. Students can work at the university as HiWi or can find any job in the outside market. Vacancies in organizations such as BONITAS Holding GmbH, LMH Engineering, Gi Group Germany GmbH, etc, are easily available at online portals.
House and accommodation
Accommodation for students is offered by Studentenwerk where the university has rooms available for rent in several student residences. students can also opt for living in the private market outside the campus. Accommodations are easily available on online portals. The average amount for accommodation in a single room varies from 200-350 EUR/month.
An approx. amount of 500-600 EUR should be expected, depending on the requirements of an individual (including rent, health insurance, living, books, and miscellaneous expenses). However, the expenses entirely depend on the lifestyle of the student. There is no tuition fee but it has a mandatory payment of semester contribution which is approx. 360EUR/semester which includes a semester ticket for public transport in Osnabrück and the greater Osnabrück area.
Places to visit near the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences
Some popular places to visit near the university are:-
- Botanical Garden Osnabruck- It is an establishment of Osnabruck University which is located in the Westerberg area of the city.
- Schloss Osnabrück- It was the home of the Protestant Osnabruck Prince-Bishop Ernst August I and his wife.
- Kunsthalle Osnabrück- It is an exhibition building and art gallery in Osnabrück (Lower Saxony), located in the ancient monastery church of the Holy Cross of the Dominican Order.
- Haarmannsbrunnen (Hair Man’s Well)- It is a monument for miners in Osnabrück (Lower Saxony). Since 1909 it is one of the oldest workers’ monuments in Germany.
- Felix Nussbaum House (Museum of Cultural History)- It is a museum in Osnabrück, Germany, which has paintings by German-Jewish painter Felix Nussbaum.