About the University
The OTH Regensburg (Ostbayerische Technische Hochschule Regensburg) was established as an institute of engineering, business studies, and social services in 1971. The university is famous for its perfection in applied research and advantages from an active network of about 150 partners in the industry.
According to the current analysis, the University is ranked on 3088 of 14,160 in the World, 900 of 2,789 in Europe, 122 of 370 in Germany, 14 of 45 in Bavaria, 2 of 3 in Regensburg. Along with this, it holds the rank of 3026 of 3,671 for Material Sciences, 3436 of 4,160 for Physics, 3488 of 4,716 for Engineering, and 3815 of 4,409 for Chemistry.
Facts and figures
At present, the University has enrolled around 11,000 students and has 28 Bachelor, 20 Master, four part-time Bachelor, and four part-time Master courses. It also has about 200 partnerships with universities all over the world.
Courses offered by the University- OTH Regensburg
Programs in engineering, business studies, design, architecture, health, and social services are provided by 8 faculties:-
- Applied Natural Sciences and Cultural Studies
- Civil Engineering
- Business Studies
- Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- Computer Science and Mathematics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Social and Health Care Sciences
Jobs and internships near OTH Regensburg
Students can join any job or internship to finance their studies or to earn more. They can take help from the career services of the university or can find any job or internship in the outside market. International students are allowed to work 120 half-days or 240 full-days in a year. Vacancies in companies like Kromberg & Schubert Automotive GmbH & Co. KG, HAPEKO Germany, Lieferando, and many more, are easily available on online portals. Students can also take up jobs in their nearby stores, shops, and call centers.
House and accommodation
For accommodation, students can apply at students’ residences for on-campus accommodation. The average rent of on-campus accommodation is around 230-350 EUR/month. If the student chooses private accommodation, the rent rates may vary according to distinct places. Private accommodation is consists of single and shared apartments.
However, the cost of living entirely depends on the lifestyle of students and it also varies from distinct places they choose to live. Payment of semester fee which is 165 EUR/semester (including semester ticket) is mandatory. An approximate cost is around 750 EUR/month which includes rent, groceries, and other basic utilities.
Places to visit near the OTH Regensburg
- Old Stone Bridge- It is a bridge constructed in 12th-century linking the Old Town with Stadtamhof.
- Old town Hall- It is Regensburg’s most famous public composition, this building was built on the central market square in the 13th century.
- Historisches Museum Regensburg- It is a museum of the history, architecture, and culture of Regensburg which is present from the Old Stone Age.
- Scots Monastery- It is the ancient Benedictine Abbey of St James established in the 11th century in Regensburg, Germany.