WINGS Professional Studies
About WINGS Professional Studies
WINGS Professional Studies, a Wismar University subsidiary, provides part-time studies and recognized continuing education for professionals in the United States. It was formed in 1952 and is a public university in Wismar, Germany. Under the academic leadership of Wismar University, the principal duties are to create, organize, and sell part-time and further educational programs. It is a practice-oriented and business-oriented international university with approximately 8,700 students studying on-campus and part-time. WINGS provides thorough and customized support to every part-time student who is formally enrolled at Wismar University.
The university should still be ranked on any of the recognized websites.
Internship near WINGS Professional Studies
The university does not provide any internship opportunities for students. Internships must be arranged by interested students on their own. Students can also apply for internships at companies like Studyflix GmbH, Struktur Management, and Workwise over the internet.
Jobs near WINGS Professional Studies
For international students studying abroad, having a part-time job is essential. Students are not offered solely part-time jobs at this university. although Part-time work is advertised in the daily newspaper or on the internet by companies such as Sana Kliniken, dm-drogerie markt, and fair parken.
Housing and Accommodation
Students do not have access to dorms at the university. In the meanwhile, students can search for (shared) housing outside of campus that costs between €258 to €450 per month.
At the university, tuition costs up to €3950 every semester. Furthermore, the monthly cost of living in Wismar for students is around €700.
|Category||Expensive City [in Euro]||Average [in Euro]||Small town [in Euro]||Comments|
|Semester Fees||350||200||110||per semester|
|Transportation||0||0||0||Transportation is already included in semester fees.|
|Public Insurance||110||110||110||Insurance does not depend on cities.|
|Private Insurance||35||35||35||you can choose either public or private insurance.|
|Mobile||20||15||8||Mobile bill does not depend on cities. Usually it cost 8-20 euro per month|
|Total [with Public Insurance]||853||711||562||per month|
|Total [with Private Insurance]||779||636||487||per month|
Popular Courses for International Students
The institution offers a wide range of Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Diploma programs for international students, including:
- MBA Business Consulting
- MBA Health Management (online)
- MBA International Logistics and Trade (online)
- Sales and Marketing (online)
- Sports management
- IT security and forensics
- Building protection
- Accounting & Controlling (online)
- Management of social services (online)
- HR management (online)
- Law for notary specialists
- Diploma in business administration (BWL)
Places to visit near the University
Wismar may not be as well-known as other German cities, but don’t be fooled. Wismar is a modest, but lovely, upcoming tourist location worth visiting. Some of the interesting things to do and places to see at this secret getaway will astound you.
- Tierpark Wismar: It is a zoo in the suburbs of Wismar, about two kilometers southwest of the historic heart of the Hanseatic city. The Bürgerpark, which hosted the 2002 State Horticultural Show, is bordered by an extensive, primarily forested region in the Köppernitz valley.
- Nikolaikirche: The St. Nikolai-Kirche is Berlin’s oldest church. The church sits in the Mitte neighborhood of Berlin, in the eastern section of the city. The Nikolaiviertel, or ‘Nicholas quarter,’ is an area of restored mediaeval buildings defined by Spandauer Straße, Rathausstraße, the River Spree, and Mühlendamm surrounding the cathedral.
- St. Georgen-Kirche: The largest town church, St. Georgen, tells of a town’s self-assurance – which it still does today. St. George’s Church is one of northern and eastern Germany’s largest brick churches. Bombing raids obliterated the ruins, which were left to rot until 1990.
WINGS Professional Studies is a moderate company with about 100 staff and 420 lecturers and is one of Germany’s major distance learning providers. We provide the University of Wismar’s extra-occupational educational offerings to where they are needed most – in Germany and throughout the world. WINGS has created an unrivaled success story: it is now the solid backbone of Wismar University, as a globally famous and profitable educational enterprise.