Document Checklist for Germany Student Visa
Germany is a very popular destination among students to study abroad. Germany is well known for its quality education at a very low cost. Studying in Germany can be the dream of many students but only a few students make it happen. If you are willing to study in a German education system, then the acceptance letter from the university will be your first step towards your goal. Once you have the acceptance letter then you can easily apply for a student visa.
Types of German Student Visa
If you are willing to study in Germany, then a visa is a necessity for you. There are 3 types of student visas available. While applying for the visa you need to be very careful when choosing the type of visa. These types are
You can get this visa with your letter of acceptance from the university.
Student Applicant Visa
This visa is for candidates who have not got their acceptance letter till now.
If you are enrolled in a short-term course spanning from 3 months to 1 year, then this visa is for you.
Document Requirements to Apply for Visa
One must have a visa for travelling to another country. To get a visa, you need the following documents:
- Passport (original with at least any two pages blank and photocopy)
- APS Certificate
- Visa Application Form
- 3 Passport size Photographs not older than 6 Months
- University acceptance letter (Depends on the visa you are willing to)
- Proof of Blocked account: Banned account’s maximum monthly withdrawal: 934 Euros from Jan. 1, 2023. Consider extra funds for initial expenses like room deposit. Ensure sufficient resources accordingly.
- Where appropriate, proof of tuition payment for the first two semesters
- All Academic Certificates
- Student Health Insurance
- Proof of Language Proficiency
- Letter of Motivation
- Travel Health Insurance: valid for three months from the date of enrolment at the university (specified in your admission letter) from the time of arrival in Germany.
- Proof of Accommodation (If any)
- Demand Draft of Visa Payment: A visa fee of EUR 75 is only payable in INR.
- Prepare two identical application sets.
- Bring original certificates and job contracts along with supporting documentation.
- Do not staple any papers together.
- Note that German Missions may request further paperwork or verification, incurring additional costs.
- Submitting the documents does not guarantee visa approval.
- The application may be denied if insufficient supporting materials are provided or the applicant refuses to attend a visa interview.
- The application is currently marked as incomplete.
- Despite being informed of its incompleteness, the applicant insists on submitting the current application.
A visa is necessary to enter a country and for students, it is more crucial. You need to be very careful with the documents and deadlines. Usually, the Student visa process takes 6 weeks to 10 weeks. Hence you are suggested to apply for a visa 3 months before the first day of your semester. Do not forget the APS certificate as it is also very necessary nowadays.
Read more at How To Abroad:
Want to study in Germany? How To Abroad can help you achieve your academic dream