Hamburg Media School
About Hamburg Media School
Hamburg Media School GmbH is a public-private collaboration and a flagship project of the Hamburg Authority for Science and Research, the University of Hamburg, the Hamburg University of Fine Arts, and the Hamburg Media School Foundation. It was established in 2003 and is located in Hamburg, Germany. It offers a bachelor’s degree as well as postgraduate courses for graduates and professionals.
As of now, it has not been ranked on any of the accredited websites.
Internship near Hamburg Media School
HMS provides international internships to students. They receive practical experience, learn to use what they have learned, and establish a personal network in the media sector switched on and early on, both at home and abroad. These are just a couple of places where students have done internships so far: New York, Amsterdam, Warsaw, Madrid, Paris, Vienna, Hamburg, Berlin, and Munich. Few companies like Danfoss, Henkel AG, and ahead provide internships to the students.
Jobs near Hamburg Media School
The majority of students studying in Germany are willing to do part-time jobs to manage their expenses by themselves. HMS provides part-time jobs to students. They can work as a coordinator in the university. Furthermore, Students can look for part-time jobs on different online platforms. Part-time jobs are available in companies like HausTierService Foster, Google, and Rechtsanwalt Andreas Marc Riedl.
Housing and Accommodation
The Hamburg Media School does not have a housing or accommodation facility of its own. Students have to search on their own for dormitories, Youth hostels, or private accommodations. The monthly rent for private accommodations lies between EUR 300-450.
University does not charge any tuition fees for a bachelor’s degree. However, Students have to pay a tuition fee of EUR 6,250 per semester for their Master’s. The average cost of living in Hamburg is approximately EUR 850 per month.
Popular Courses For International Students
Here are some popular courses for international students that are as follow-
- Digital Journalism (Executive Master Of Arts In Journalism)
- Digital and media management (MBA)
- Master of Arts in Film
- Digital and media management (EMBA)
- Value-oriented advertising film
- Bachelors in Digital Media
Places to Visit Near University
Hamburg is a fantastic place to pursue higher education. It has developed into one of Europe’s most important cultural and commercial hubs, as well as a popular tourist destination. Some tourist destinations are as follows-
- Alter Elbetunnel – The Old Elbe Tunnel, also known as the St. Pauli Elbe Tunnel, is a pedestrian and vehicular tunnel in Hamburg that first opened to the public in 1911.
- Townhall- It’s a grand civic building with guided tours and the seat of one of Germany’s 16 state parliaments. Located in the Altstadt quarter in the city center, the Rathaus was constructed from 1886 to 1897. Students can visit this place while the tours are commenced.
- Port of Hamburg- It is located on the Elbe River, about 135 kilometers inland from the North Sea, in the city’s core.
The Hamburg Media School is a management and creative school in Hamburg, Germany. HMS is unique in the German digital and media environment because of its academic degrees and extensive networking. This is the finest institution for students who want to take courses in management, journalism, or filmmaking.