About Hochschule Niederrhein
Hochschule Niederrhein was established in the year 1971. It is a non-profit,public-private university. Located in North Rhine-Westphalia, it is one of the largest universities for applied sciences in Germany. This university has ten faculties and has two campuses: one campus is located in Krefeld and the other campus is in Mönchengladbach. They have 80 Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Currently, they have around 14,000 students and 10.1% of them are international students.
Rank of Hochschule Niederrhein
This university has a ranking of 2681 of 14,160 in the World, 785 of 2,789 in Europe, 99 of 370 in Germany, 20 of 65 in North Rhine-Westphalia.
Intrernships near Hochschule Niederrhein
Internships are the best way to gain some practical experience. This university’s website can provide some information about internships. Students can also choose the internship abroad option to gain some experience in different work cultures. Apart from that, companies like,Kraft Heinz Company, Livello GmbH, Forschungszentrum Jülich, C&A, Henkel etc provide internships.
Jobs near the University
Students are allowed to do part-time jobs while they are studying in Germany. They can join as a student or graduate assistants at universities. Some off-campus jobs, for instance, cashier, babysitter, office document filling, etc are available in the job market. Avaloq, Randstad Deutschland, GetFaster.io, Siemens Mobility GmbH, etc are some big companies that offer students part-time jobs.
Housing and Accommodation
There are many options are available for accommodation. Students can go through the university’s website for further information about accommodation. Students can expect to pay around 250 Euros-350 Euros per month for accommodation.
This University does not charge any tuition fees but students have to pay a semester contribution of 320 Euros per semester. It includes a semester ticket that allows students to use public transport in North Rhine-Westphalia. The average cost of living will be around 850 Euros per month.
Popular Courses for International Students
There are ten faculties in the campuses of Krefeld and Mönchengladbach. The faculties are as follows:
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Mechanical and Process Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Health Care
- Food, Nutrition, and Hospitality Sciences
- Applied Social Science
- Textile and Clothing Technology
- Business Administration and Economics
Places to visit near the University
Some places students can visit near the university are as follows:
- Abteiberg Museum- It is a municipal museum for contemporary art in Mönchengladbach.
- Hotel Schloss Dyck- It is a moated castle located in Mönchengladbach.
- Niers- It is a beautiful river located in Mönchengladbach.
- Krefeld Zoo-It is a zoo located in Krefeld. It has carnivores, fauna from the African savanna, and tropical birds.
- Kunstmuseen Krefeld- It is an art museum located in Krefeld.
- German Textile Museum- It is a textile museum located in the city of Krefeld.
As one of the largest universities in the field of applied sciences, they are a strong community of students, teachers, employees, graduates, and cooperation partners who can address issues and challenges jointly with a strong focus on interdisciplinary concepts.