How To Book Appointment for German Visa?
Visa is one of the basic needs to enter any foreign country. It might not be simple to apply for a German visa from India. To make an appointment, a number of papers must be gathered, requirements must be satisfied, and costs must be paid.
It is necessary to make an appointment in India for a German visa; failure to do so will jeopardize the application process. Follow the steps outlined and explained below to ensure that you understand the procedures:
Know Jurisdictions of German Consulates in India
Firstly you must be aware of the German mission in India under whose purview you fall. Also, you should submit your visa application to the following German mission in that region of India, depending on the state or territory of India where you reside:
- German Consulate General New Delhi – Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Union Territories of Chandigarh, NCT of Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep including Minicoy and Amini
- German Consulate Bengaluru – Karnataka, Kerala
- German Consulate Chennai – Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Pondicherry,
- German Consulate Kolkata – West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Orissa, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura
- German Consulate Mumbai – Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Daman, and Diu
Schedule a German Visa Appointment Through VFS Global
It takes very little of your time and effort to schedule an appointment for a German visa in India. While you only need to carefully carry out the actions detailed below:
- First, create an account in the “Book an appointment section” on the VFS Global website for India. If you have previously created an account, simply log in using your previous information.
- As you have logged in to your account provide the required information.
- Next, choose the appropriate category of visa based on why you are traveling to Germany. When you choose “continue,” a new set of questions will show up on your screen.
- Fill out the new set of questions, which are mostly inquiries about your background and personal information. Make sure your passport is nearby because you will need to write down several things, including the passport number.
- After moving on to the following page, you will see a calendar where you can choose an appointment date.
Rescheduling or Cancelling an Appointment
You can change the date of your appointment or even cancel it altogether by logging in to the VFS website with your account after receiving the confirmation email you receive after scheduling your visa application appointment.
If you don’t show up for your German Visa appointment on the scheduled day, the system won’t let you reschedule it or cancel it; instead, you’ll need to make another appointment after 24 hours.