Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences
About the University
Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences was established in 1991 and is a non-profit educational institution with well-rounded course programs for higher studies. Furthermore, the university focuses on research and innovation and has many contacts with partner universities. Moreover, 50% of international students enroll each year in the university.
According to the current analysis, the university holds up a good ranking at 4230 of 14,160 in the world, 1147 of 2,789 in Europe, 168 of 370 in Germany, 5 of 9 in Saxony-Anhalt, 2 of 2 in Magdeburg.
Courses offered by the University
The university offers a wide range of curriculum with interdisciplinary degree programs. Following are some of them:
- Applied Human Sciences
- Social Work, Health and Media
- Water, Environment, Construction, and Safety
- Engineering and Industrial Design
Jobs & Internships – Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences
Jobs and Internships are ideal ways to get practical experience. Subsequently, students are permitted to work part-time jobs or apply for university internships as a ‘HiWi’ to earn some money and cope up with their expenses. Jobs outside the university are readily available in restaurants, stores, supermarkets, and shopping malls. Students can also search for jobs for big companies like Lidl, New Yorker, DHL, Dirk Rossmann, UPS, etc. on online portals.
Housing and Accommodation
House hunting is the first task for students to start university life. The university provides multiple options for housing that are designed to cater to student needs. The Studentenwerk allocates student dormitories where they can choose between single or shared apartments or double rooms within walking distance of the university campus or city center. Private accommodation can be found at housing associations or service agencies with apartments spread across the city. The average rent rate for accommodation in Oldenburg ranges from €200 – €300/month. Also, the prices depend on each and every place.
Magdeburg is considerably less expensive than any other country in Germany. The average living costs range around €700/month. Apart from that, the students need to pay a mandatory semester fee of €126/semester which also includes the semester ticket for transportation, Moreover, the cost of living depends entirely on the student’s lifestyle.
Places to Visit Near Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences
Magdeburg is a central city in Germany with Gothic-style architecture, important local history and also is the capital of the German state Saxony-Anhalt. Students coming to study at the university can visit the following places to get a full university experience:
- Magdeburg Cathedral: It’s the landmark cathedral with twin spires and also the oldest gothic cathedral in the country. First built in 937, the cathedral is also called the Cathedral of Saints Maurice and Catherine. It was repeatedly looted but still has rich art, ranging from antiques to modern art.
- Rotehorn Park: It’s one of the most scenic parks in Magdeburg and also has a long winding lake. It has German gardens fashioned in English style. The park was built on Elbe Island and is the most popular recreation area for the locals. Students should make a point to visit this place during their downtime.
- Museum of Cultural History Magdeburg: Also called the Kulturhistorische Museum Magdeburg is a museum originally founded in 1906 as an art-historically oriented Kaiser-Friedrich Museum. It has a well-curated collection of art and natural history. Art lovers would love to visit and explore this place.
In a nutshell, Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences is a well-reputed educational institution with versatile study programs that motivates both local and international students across the globe.