About the University
The Osnabruck University is a government research university which is established in the city of Osnabruck in Lower Saxony, Germany. It was opened in 1974 as the successor of Adolf Reichwein Teachers’ College. The university is popular for its many degree programs, some of them are unique among German universities, including European Studies, Migration Research, Applied Systems Science, and Cognitive Science.
According to the present statistics, the University is ranked 772 of 14,160 in the World, 304 of 2,789 in Europe, 54 of 370 in Germany, 6 of 26 in Lower Saxony, 1 of 2 in Osnabruck. Besides, it holds the position of 153 out of 1,021 for Entomology and in the top 50% for 53 other topics.
Courses offered by the Osnabruck University
Institutes and departments:-
- Cultural Studies and Social Sciences
- Educational and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics/Computer Science
- Language and Literary Studies
- Human Sciences
- Business Administration and Economics
- Migration Research and Intercultural Studies
- Early Modern Intercultural Studies
- Cognitive Science
- Environmental Systems Research
Masters programs for international students in English:-
- Cognitive Computing
- Cognitive Science
- Conflict Studies and Peacebuilding
- English and American Studies
Jobs and internships- Osnabruck University
Students can opt to work part-time to finance their studies or to earn extra. University also provides scholarships for brilliant students. Students can work in the university as HiWi or can work in the outside market. They can join any job or internship. Students can apply for a job in nearby stores, shops, and call centers or can find it easily on online portals. Vacancies in companies like BONITAS Holding GmbH, KVN Autokrane GmbH, Klinikum Osnabrück GmbH and many more are easily available online.
House and accommodation
Students can apply at the Studentenwerk to get rooms on rent in student residences, which costs around 170-310 EUR/month. They can also choose to live in private accommodations outside the University. Private accommodations are available for rent in form of single or shared flats which costs approx. 180 to 270 EUR per month. Students can get available accommodation information on online portals very easily.
An amount of approx. 350 EUR/semester is a mandatory payment as semester fee which includes the amount of semester ticket as well. An average amount of living is around 735 EUR/month which includes accommodation, living, health insurance, books, and miscellaneous expenses.
Places to visit near the Osnabruck University
Some popular places to visit in Osnabruck are:-
- Cathedral Treasury and Diocesan Museum- It is a museum for a religious diocese, a geographically-based division of the Christian Cathedral.
- Kunsthalle Osnabruck- It is an exhibition building and art gallery in Osnabruck which is located in an ancient monastery church.
- Osnabrück Zoo- A zoo that was opened during the summer of 1936 which has almost 3000 animals from 300 species.
- Waterloo Gate- It is a war memorial in Osnabruck, Germany, memorializing the Battle of Waterloo.
- Bucksturm- It is an ancient tower with a semi-circular design that was built at the commencement of the 13th century as a watchtower.