About the University
Pforzheim University is a public university of applied science located in Pforzheim, Germany. It was founded in 1877 to satisfy the demand for professionals in the jewelry industry and science before it developed to become one of the most important and research-oriented universities of applied sciences in Germany. The University has around 6,200 students enrolled and is one of the largest universities of applied sciences in Baden-Wuerttemberg.
According to the current analysis, the university has ranked on 2879 of 14,160 in the World, 844 of 2,789 in Europe, 112 of 370 in Germany, 13 of 62 in Baden-Wurttemberg. Along with that, it holds the position of 2330 of 2,547 for Political Science and 3892 of 5,152 for Liberal Arts and Social Sciences.
Courses offered- Pforzheim University
Study programs provided by the University in English:-
- International Study Program
- BSc International Marketing
- BSc International Business
- Digital Enterprise Management
- MBA International Management
- Master of Arts in Transportation Design
Jobs and Internships- Pforzheim University
To finance their studies or to earn some extra money students can join internships or jobs. The University provides various jobs and internship opportunities. Students can choose to work in the outside markets in nearby shops, bakeries, stores, and call centers. They can also find vacancies through online portals in organizations such as Ladwig Feinwerktechnik GmbH, MWN Niefern Maschinenfabrik GmbH, ELEMENTS and many more.
House and accommodation
For accommodation, students can apply at students hall, which provides rooms at affordable cost. Many private accommodations are also available in the city in form of single and shared apartments or rooms. The average amount of rent cost ranges between 215-380 EUR/month. For private accommodation, rent prices also depend on the place where students choose to live in the city.
The cost of living merely depends upon the lifestyle of the student but Pforzheim is less expensive than in most other German university towns. Compulsory payment of semester fee 161 EUR/semester and 20 EUR for a semester ticket for public transport (only in the first semester) is necessary. The average amount for the cost of living is around 650–700 EUR/month which includes rent, food, and other basic utilities.
Places to visit near the Pforzheim University
Some famous places to visit in Pforzheim are:-
- Enz- It is a river flowing north from the Black Forest to the Neckar in Baden-Württemberg. It is 106 km long.
- Schmuckmuseum Pforzheim- It is a special museum on the history of jewelry which was established in the 19th century.
- Nagold- It is a town in southwestern Germany, known for its ruined castle, Hohennagold Castle, and for its roadway.
- DDR-Museum Pforzheim- It is a museum and exhibition center that was established in 1998.
- Würm- It is a river in Bavaria, Germany, having a length of 39.8 kilometers.
The University has been promoting exchange programs with global partner universities for more than 40 years. High-quality education, powerful practical focus, and an international educational environment makes university graduates profoundly attractive for job opportunities