Uni Assist in Germany: Everything you need to know
Uni Assist, a non-profit organization in Germany, functions as a centralized service for evaluating international educational qualifications to determine eligibility for admission to German universities. It actively supports prospective students from outside of Germany throughout the application process by assessing the equivalence of their qualifications and providing standardized evaluations. Additionally, Uni Assist verifies the authenticity of submitted documents, ensuring a fair and transparent evaluation process.
Uni-assist studying in Germany, the operational hub for processing international student applications, operates as an association backed by approximately 170 German universities. By providing this valuable service, uni-assist facilitates the admission process for international students, allowing them to navigate the complexities and requirements of applying to German universities.
How to Apply for Uni Assist?
1) Research Specific Requirements
Begin by conducting thorough research on the specific requirements and application deadlines of the German universities that pique your interest. Utilize Uni-assist’s website as a valuable resource to gather information on the application process and the necessary documents.
2) Develop an Application Plan
Create a comprehensive plan outlining the universities you intend to apply to and the programs you wish to pursue. Take note of any additional requirements, such as entrance exams or language proficiency tests, and factor them into your application timeline.
3) Prepare Your Documents
Assemble all the required documents for your application, including academic transcripts, diplomas, language proficiency certificates, and letters of recommendation. Ensure that these documents are official and certified copies.
4) Submit Your Application Online
Visit the uni-assist website and create an applicant account. Fill out the online application form with accurate and complete information about your educational background, personal details, and the universities and programs you are applying to. Before submitting, carefully review the form for any errors.
5) Pay the Required Fees
Uni-assist charges processing fees for evaluating your application. Familiarize yourself with the fee structure provided on their website and make the necessary payment using the accepted payment methods. Retain the payment confirmation for future reference.
6) Send and Track Your Application
After submitting your online application and paying the fees, send your supporting documents to uni-assist by post. Remember to include a cover sheet generated by the online application system. Stay updated on the status of your application by tracking it through uni-assist’s online tracking system.
What Type of document would be submit in application
1) Academic Transcripts
These are official records of your academic performance, including grades or marks received in each subject/course. You will need transcripts from all previous educational institutions you have attended.
2) Diplomas and Degree Certificates
These documents verify the completion of your previous degrees or educational programs. You will need to provide certified copies of your diplomas or degree certificates.
3) Language Proficiency Certificates
If the program you are applying to is taught in German, you may need to provide proof of your German language proficiency. Commonly accepted certificates include TestDaF (Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache), DSH (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang), or Goethe-Zertifikat.
4) Passport or Identification
You will need to submit a copy of your passport or another form of identification to verify your identity and citizenship.
5) Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
CV is a document summarizing your educational background, work experience, skills, and other relevant information.
6) Motivation Letter or Statement of Purpose (SOP)
SOP explains your motivation for applying to the specific program or university, your academic and career goals, and why you believe you are a suitable candidate.
7) Letters of Recommendation (LOR)
Some universities may require letters of recommendation from professors, teachers, or employers who can speak to your academic abilities, work ethic, and character.
8) Application Form
You will need to fill out the online application form provided by Uni-assist, including personal information, educational history, and the universities and programs you are applying to.
What Uni Assist do after taking all documents?
- Uni-assist evaluates official certificates to ensure they meet the criteria for studying in Germany.
- They assess the validity and relevance of the certificates based on university requirements.
- Uni-assist converts grades from different grading systems to the German grading system.
- They thoroughly check all admission requirements specified by the universities chosen by applicants.
- Uni-assist reviews criteria such as language proficiency and prerequisite courses.
- After submitting data and required documents, uni-assist registers and securely records the information.
- They maintain a comprehensive database of applicants’ details for evaluation by universities.
- Uni-assist informs applicants about the evaluation results, including whether their documents fulfill university requirements.
- This allows applicants to stay informed and make informed decisions during the application process.
What is the Role of Uni Assist in Admission?
Uni-assist, as a service provider, does not have the authority to make admission decisions for study programs. Their primary role is to ensure that students have all the necessary application materials and verify the authenticity of official documents. Once this process is complete, uni-assist transfers the documents to the respective university to which the student is applying. It may appear that you are applying to uni-assist, as you are required to submit all your documents and certificates to them.
However, it is essential to recognize that uni-assist’s function is solely to assist with document evaluation and forwarding, without any influence on your admission to a study program. The ultimate decision lies with the university itself.
Does Uni Assist Charge any fee?
- Uni-assist charges fees for their services due to the extensive time and resources required for processing documents, verifying authenticity, and converting grades.
- The fee for the first desired course of study in an application semester is EUR 75.00.
- Each additional desired course of study in the same semester incurs a fee of EUR 30.00.
- for the late Application submission Fee EUR 15.
- There is no set limit on the number of applications you can submit through uni-assist, but universities may have their own restrictions on the number of applications per semester.
- It is recommended to inquire with your chosen university regarding their specific application limits and guidelines.
- Register on the Uni Assist applicant portal and activate your account using the received email’s activation link.
- Sign in to the portal using your chosen username and password.
- Provide your applicant information and fill out the sections related to your educational history.
- Review the entered information carefully and submit it, noting down your assigned Uni Assist number.
- Upload additional documents like letters of recommendation, statement of purpose, and curriculum vitae in the “Documents” section under “My Applications.”
- Explore available courses at member universities by clicking on the Uni Assist logo.
- Select your desired courses and add them to your application selection.
- Proceed to the payment section and pay the required processing fees using credit card, bank transfer, or Sofortüberweisung.
- Gather all necessary documents, including certificates and language proficiency proof, and mail them to Uni Assist’s address in Berlin, Germany.
- Upon receiving your documents, Uni Assist will send a confirmation email and evaluate your application.
- If your application is complete and meets requirements, Uni Assist will forward it to the chosen universities.
- Expect to receive the result of your application via email and postal mail within a few weeks.
Duration of Uni Assist Studying in Germany
The usual processing time for a Uni Assist application is typically between 2 to 4 weeks.
Some additional information
It should be emphasized that although certain German universities are affiliated with Uni Assist, they might have specific guidelines regarding the application process, especially for specialized programs such as Masters programs. It is highly recommended to directly contact your desired university to ascertain whether you should submit your application directly to them or through Uni Assist for the particular course you wish to pursue.
Uni Assist in Germany is a centralized service that evaluates international educational qualifications, verifies documents, and provides standardized evaluations for admission to German universities. They play a crucial role in assisting international students throughout the application process, but they do not have the authority to make admission decisions.
Read more at How To Abroad: