University of Applied Sciences Jena
About the University
University of Applied Sciences Jena was founded in the year 1991. Located in Jena, Thuringia, Germany, it is one of the first institutions of higher education in new federal states. It is Thuringia’s largest university and the best research university for applied sciences. This university offers its students an innovative and scientifically sound degree with a high degree of practical experience. They focus on precision systems, technologies, and materials, health and sustainability as well as the cross-sectional area of digitalization for their research. They have currently around 4,550 students studying for bachelor’s and master’s degrees in the field of technology, economics, social affairs, and health.
The rank of the University of Applied Sciences Jena
This university has a rank of 4672 of 14,160 in the World,1262 of 2,789 in Europe,186 of 370 in Germany,6 of 12 in Thuringia, and 2 of 2 in Jena.
Internships near the University
The Internship Offices of the university are responsible for overall practical training within the framework of the studies. There are internship offices of Business Administration, Social Affairs, Technology, Industrial Engineering, Health, and Care. Students can contact them for internships. Apart from that, companies like Capita Plc, Ted Baker, Siemens Healthineers, DHL offer internships.
Jobs near University of Applied Sciences Jena
The Federal Employment Agency can provide job information for students. Students Services at the university also provide job opportunities. In addition to that online job boards can be found on the university website. When searching for a job, students can also look at ads in newspapers. Waiting Staff in a cafe, babysitter, temporary work at trade fairs are a few examples of student part-time jobs. Students can also do a part-time job that is related to their degree program. Academic Assistants or private tutors will be really helpful for them. Apart from that, ZEISS Group, Jenoptik AG, Medipolis, Dirk Rossmann GmbH, Sura Instruments GmbH are just a few names for part time job oppurtunity.
Housing and Accommodation
The Student Service Office ”Studierendenwerk”– a non-profit organization that provides various services for students. Students can get information for accommodation from them. Depending on the accommodation the monthly rent can vary from 140 Euro to 330 Euro.
The University does not charge tuition fees. Students have to pay a semester fee of 254.15 Euro which includes a student’s identity card, semester ticket with which students can use public transportation services in Jena. On average, a total amount of 854 Euros per month should be enough for students to cover all expenses, depending on their lifestyle.
|Category||Expensive City [in Euro]||Average [in Euro]||Small town [in Euro]||Comments|
|Rent||500||375||200||Depending on the location|
|Semester Fees||350||200||110||Per semester|
|Transportation||0||0||0||The cost of transportation is already included in the semester fees.|
|Public Insurance||110||110||110||Insurance does not depend on cities.|
|Private Insurance||35||35||35||you can choose either public or private insurance.|
|Radio Bill||18.36||18.36||18.36||Per month|
|Mobile||20||15||8||Mobile bill does not depend on cities. Usually it cost 8-20 euro per month|
|Groceries||220||200||160||Depending on your choice|
|Miscellaneous||200||150||100||Depending on your choice|
|Total [with Public Insurance]||1,418||1,068.36||706.36||Per month|
|Total [with Private Insurance]||1,343||993.63||631.36||Per month|
Popular Courses for International Students
The courses of the University of Applied Sciences Jena are very diverse. Some of the popular courses for International Students are as follows:
- Biotechnology (Bachelor of Engineering)
- Business Administration and Engineering- Digital Economy (Bachelor of Science)
- Business Administration and Engineering- Industrial (Bachelor of Science)
- Business Information System (Bachelor of Arts)
- Ecommerce (Bachelor of Science)
- Electrical Engineering/Automation Engineering (Master of Engineering)
- Mechanical Engineering (Master of Engineering)
- Mechatronics (Master of Engineering)
- Pharma Biotechnology (Master of Science)
Popular Places to visit near University of Applied Sciences Jena
Jena is a German city that is best known for the wide range of wild orchids which can be found within the walking distance of the town. The top places of Jena where students can go are as follows:
- Jen Tower-It is the tallest skyscraper
- Zeiss – Planetarium Jena-It is the oldest planetarium.
- Optical Museum Jena-It is the best place to know about how Jena became the center of Germany’s optical industry.
- Stadtkirche St. Michael-It is Jena’s main protestant church.
- City Museum+Art Collection Jena-It is a place to explore Jena art collections
- Jena Botanical Garden- It is the oldest botanical garden in Germany
- IIM-It is a long river in Thuringia.
- Deutsches Optisches Museum-It is a science and technology museum.
- Jenzik-It is a mountain in Jena.