University of Education Freiburg
About the University
The University of Education Freiburg is a public research university located in Freiburg im Breisgau, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. The university was founded in 1457 by the Habsburg dynasty. The university has enrolled students from across Germany as well as from over 120 other countries with 18.2% of international students.
Overall Ranking- University of Education Freiburg
According to the current statistics, the university has a rank of 165 of 14,160 in the World, 52 of 2,789 in Europe, 11 of 370 in Germany, 3 of 62 in Baden-Wurttemberg, 1 of 6 in Freiburg im Breisgau. Besides, it holds the position of 26 of 1,039 for Polymer science and Plastics engineering and is in the top 100 for 18 other topics.
Courses offered- University of Education Freiburg
The University offers various courses under the following programs:-
- Bachelor’s Programs and State Examination
- Secondary-school teaching degree options
- Master’s Programs
- English-taught degree programs
- German-French study programs
- Continuous education Programs
Jobs and internships
Students can do jobs or internships to finance their studies or earn some extra money. They can work at the university as students assistant or can opt for any job in nearby stores, shops, or call centers. Students can find online vacancies very easily through online portals in organizations such as Freiburger Verkehrs AG, sanierungsprofi24 GmbH, AMADA GmbH, and many more.
House and accommodation- University of Education Freiburg
Students can look for dormitories or private stays for accommodation. University helps students to provide accommodation at affordable prices. The average amount of accommodation is 280 to 450 EUR/month. These accommodations generally consist of single or shared rooms or flats.
The expenses of living entirely depend on the lifestyle of students. However, it may vary according to distinct places. An approx. amount of living is around 824 to 994 EUR/month including rent, health insurance, and other necessities. Students have to pay a compulsory amount of 161 EUR/semester as a semester contribution which includes the semester ticket for local transport.
Places to visit
Some popular places to visit near the university are:-
- Hohenbaden Castle- It is the Ruin of an ancient castle featuring a tower with sweeping views, a restaurant & a wind harp.
- Karlsruhe Palace- It is an 18th-century Baroque palace in the center of circular grounds housing a cultural history museum.
- Schwetzingen Castle- Lavish antiquities in vast, 17th-century palace featuring a rococo theater, plus ornamental gardens.
- Lichtenstein Castle- It is a 19th-century, cliff-top castle, inspired by a novel, with a chapel & courtyard, plus regular tours.
The University offers great potential for innovative fundamental research in individual disciplines and the form of interdisciplinary collaboration. The mission of the university is to provide the best learning and research conditions for regular students and continuing education.