University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover Foundation (TiHo)
About University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover Foundation (TiHo)
The University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Foundation (TiHo) is known for its long-standing veterinary medicine expertise. It is a prestigious scientific institution that bridges the gap between current science and academic tradition located in Hannover. The university has maintained its independent status since its foundation in 1778 as the Roß-Arzney-Schule, giving it a unique position in Germany. It is a public university with 2000 students, including 8% international students.
The university has yet to be ranked on any of the official websites.
Internship near University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover Foundation (TiHo)
Students can participate in a variety of internship programs offered by the institution. Those who are interested in the position should look for it and apply. Students can also apply for internships with companies like Xcenda, Medizin Mobil, and AKH Celle online.
Jobs near University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover Foundation (TiHo)
For overseas students to earn money and gain experience, part-time work is required. There are no part-time work opportunities at the university. On the internet, students may find part-time employment at KRH Klinikum Siloah, DIAKOVERE, and AMEOS Gruppe.
Housing and Accommodation
Students are not provided with any housing options by the university. Even though the institution will assist you in preparing your documents. Students might look for housing outside of campus that costs less than €500 per person in shared rooms.
As it is a public institution, it provides a diverse range of degrees and does not charge semester tuition fees. In Hannover, without rent, student living expenditures are around €850 per month.
|Category||Expensive City [in Euro]||Average [in Euro]||Small town [in Euro]||Comments|
|Semester Fees||350||200||110||per semester|
|Transportation||0||0||0||Transportation is already included in semester fees.|
|Public Insurance||110||110||110||Insurance does not depend on cities.|
|Private Insurance||35||35||35||you can choose either public or private insurance.|
|Mobile||20||15||8||Mobile bill does not depend on cities. Usually it cost 8-20 euro per month|
|Total [with Public Insurance]||853||711||562||per month|
|Total [with Private Insurance]||779||636||487||per month|
Popular Courses for International Students
For international students, the institution offers several bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs, including:
- Bachelor (B.Sc.) Biology
- Ph.D. Program “Veterinary Research and Animal Biology”
- M.Sc. “Animal Biology and Biomedical Sciences”
- Ph.D. Program “Systems Neuroscience”
- Ph.D. Program “Animal and Zoonotic Infections”
Places to visit near the University
The historic city of Hannover is the capital of the Land of Lower Saxony and is located on the River Leine. It’s a city worth visiting for people looking for a great city experience in Germany. It’s a major business hub with a university and music and acting academies.
- Marketplatz and Marktkirche: The Marktplatz, in the heart of Hanover’s historic Old Town (Altstadt), is a wonderful site to visit after seeing Herrenhausen Gardens. Many of the city’s most important structures may be found here. The 15th-century Late Gothic Old Town Hall is one of the most beautiful of these exquisite constructions (Altes Rathaus).
- Herrenhausen Gardens: Herrenhausen Gardens (Herrenhäuser Gärten), Hanover’s magnificent royal gardens, is a collection of major attractions in one. It has two attractive English-style parks, the Welfengarten and Georgengarten, as well as the Berggarten, a botanic garden with orchid, palm, and cactus houses.
- Hanover Opera House: For cultural buffs, seeing a professional operatic performance is one of the best things to do in Hanover. The Neoclassical Hanover Opera House, located along the magnificent Georgstrasse, is the ideal place to explore your creative interests.
The University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Foundation (TiHo) is a nationally and globally recognized higher education institution noted for its interdisciplinary focus and proficiency in veterinary research. They are a leader in veterinary medicine research, teaching, and services, and they educate new scientists in all aspects of the field. Its overall purpose is to promote the advancement of veterinary medical knowledge. In addition, the University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover has field offices in Ruthe, south of Hannover, Bakum, near Vechta, and Büsum, near the North Sea, where students are trained and research projects are conducted.