University of Regensburg
About the University
The University of Regensburg is a government research university established in the old city of Regensburg, Bavaria. The university was established by the Landtag of Bavaria on 18 July 1962 in Bavaria. Currently, the University of Regensburg has eleven faculties.
According to current statistics, the university is ranked on 344 of 14,160 in the World, 130 of 2,789 in Europe, 28 of 370 in Germany, 5 of 45 in Bavaria, 1 of 3 in Regensburg. Besides, 80 of 1,501 for Condensed Matter Physics and in top 50% for 103 other topics.
Facts and figures
At present, the University of Regensburg has enrolled around 21,000 students consisting of 1,800 international students. The university has 11 faculties.
Courses offered by the University of Regensburg
The university has 11 faculties:-
- Catholic Theology
- Business, Economics and Management Information Systems
- Philosophy, Art History, History, and Humanities
- Psychology, Education, and Sport Science
- Languages, Literature, and Cultures
- Biology and Pre-Clinical Medicine
- Chemistry and Pharmacy
Jobs and internships- University of Regensburg
To earn with their studies, students can either join internships or jobs. Students from non-EU states, registered at a German university are allowed to work 120 full-days and 240 half-days per year. They can study as well as earn some cost of living. Either they can work in the university or can apply for a job in the private market. Students can take help from university career services or can find vacancies through online portals in companies like Partner-For-Partner GbR, Randstad Germany, GULP Solution Services GmbH, and many more.
House and accommodation
Students can apply for students residence. The cost for a room in a student residence ranges from approx. 250 EUR to 350 EUR/month. They can also choose to live in private accommodation which generally consists of single or shared apartments. Students can also find private accommodation easily and at a reasonable price through online portals.
The cost of living entirely depends on the lifestyle of the students and the place they choose to live. The minimum rate of expenses does not exceed 860 EUR/month (including rent, food, clothing, insurance, books, and study materials). The mandatory semester pay is approximately 165 EUR/semester which includes a public transport ticket valid for the entire semester.
|Category||Expensive City [in Euro]||Average [in Euro]||Small town [in Euro]||Comments|
|Semester Fees||350||200||110||per semester|
|Transportation||0||0||0||Transportation is already included in semester fees.|
|Public Insurance||110||110||110||Insurance does not depend on cities.|
|Private Insurance||35||35||35||you can choose either public or private insurance.|
|Mobile||20||15||8||Mobile bill does not depend on cities. Usually it cost 8-20 euro per month|
|Total [with Public Insurance]||853||711||562||per month|
|Total [with Private Insurance]||779||636||487||per month|
Places to visit near the University of Regensburg
Some popular places to visit in Regensburg:-
- St Peter’s Cathedral- It is also known as Regensburg Cathedral and it is an example of important Old architecture within the German state of Bavaria.
- Haidplatz- It is a square located in the center of Regensburg’s Old Town.
- Altes Rathaus- It was the first town hall in Hanover. It was first built in the old city district in 1410 and greatly rebuilt in 1953 and 1964 after heavy explosive destruction in World War II.
- Regensburg Museum- It is a museum of the history, architecture, and culture of Regensburg from the Old Age Period to the present day.